Best answer

How do I create a 50/50 split or Divide things equally in Zapier

• 21 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have a Form to Pipedrive Zapier automation, and I want to assign each lead to one of two contact owners randomly. Can Zapier split the leads evenly between the two owners?

icon

Best answer by Fahad 24 March 2023, 20:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @Fahad,

Glad to know you were able to get it sorted! Also, thank you for posting the solution for other members to use.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out! 🤗

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks for letting me know, what I ended up doing before seeing this was get a python code that basically gives out the output heads or tales on a random basis and instead of the output being “head” & “tails”. I swapped them to “Contact owner 1” and “Contact owner 2”.

Here’s the code for it incase anyone is looking for it

import random

outcomes = ["contactowner1", "contactowner1"]
result = random.choice(outcomes)

print(result)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi there, @Fahad! 🙂 

You could try adding a Formatter (Numbers > Spreadsheet-Style Formula) action to the Zap to output either 1 or 2. Then use those numbers to determine which owner to assign the lead to. This approach is explained further in a related topic in Community here: 

Alternatively, you could set up a Round Robin style of Zap to assign the leads to the different owners. which might be better if you intend on having more owners in the future. We have this help guide on setting up Round Robins as well as an tutorial in Community that you might find useful in setting it up:

Hopefully that helps to point you in the right direction, and please keep us updated on how you get on with this!