Best answer

How do I add/update Airtable records with today’s date when editing the existing box note?

• 16 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I am new to Zapier and the Box integration with Airtable. I was wondering if there is a way to automate the following:

• Every time an existing boxnote is edited, update that company’s record’s “date of last interaction” field with today’s date.
  • Every time a boxnote is created within a specific folder, search to see if the company this was created for already exists in our Airtable. If it does, update that record’s “date of last interaction” field with today’s date. If not, create a new record and update same field.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Especially how to get these apps linked.

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 16 September 2022, 01:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @k.zhou 

Good question.

Try using the Zap trigger: Box - New Event

Then follow that with a Filter step.

For Airtable, try these Zap steps

Action: Find/Create Record

Action: Update Record

Thanks! I followed that workflow and have published a Zap. How do I now apply this to my box/airtable accounts so it runs automatically?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@k.zhou 

The Zap trigger for Box New Event is scheduled meaning it is NOT instant and will depend on your Zapier plan which can range from 1-15 minutes for it to fire.