Best answer

How can I transfer the “Initial Description” field information within ConnectWise to Jira?

Is there a way I can pass the “Initial description” information within ConnectWise ticket onto the “Description” field in a Jira Issue/ticket.

My zap run fine, but this field is not populating onto Jira. Any solution? 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Daniela_Paulo 29 July 2022, 19:51

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @jadjugah! Awesome question and appreciate you reaching out! 🙂

Do you mind clarifying which triggers and actions you’re using with ConnectWise and Jira?

It’s possible these fields aren’t supported in one or both apps. I’m happy to double check and add you to any existing feature requests though!

We’ll keep an eye out for your response!

My zaps goes like this: When a ConnectWise ticket status changes, an Issue is created in Jira. It pulls in all the ConnectWise fields, but I notice the Initial Description returns “no data” meanwhile the data exist in ConnectWise. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @jadjugah ,

Thank you for sending over those details! I’ve been checking this and at the moment the ‘Initial Description’ field field is not supported in the “New/ Updated Ticket” trigger. However, we have a feature request open for this, to which I’ve added your email. 

While we can’t guarantee that a timeline for it to be implemented, we’ll let you know by email if it is!

Thank you, and happy Zapping 🙂

Hello,

We have  a forum in HubSpot that we want to create a ticket in ConnectWise mange, but the form data i cant find a way to add the filed into the Ticket in Mange as a note or the Initial Description.

Its not useful to create a ticket with no info,. 

Hello,

We have  a forum in HubSpot that we want to create a ticket in ConnectWise mange, but the form data i cant find a way to add the filed into the Ticket in Mange as a note or the Initial Description.

Its not useful to create a ticket with no info,. 

I also would like the Initial description in ConnectWise Manage added. Is this a thing yet?? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @LinksTechnology

The initial description hasn’t been added to the New/Updated ticket yet, I’m sorry about that. 

I’ve added you as an interested user for that feature request. This lets the ConnectWise team know how many folks would like to see this addition and we’ll send you an email when we have an update.

We are in need of the “initial description” as well, please +1 for me and put me on the list for when this is available.

Would also like to see this - its very much needed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Sorry we missed your replies here previously @MythosJames and @Techbundle

Happy to confirm that I’ve added both of your votes to the feature request. I’m unable to give any sort of timeline as to when you can expect this to be implemented by but we’ll be in touch via email once it is! 🙂

+1 for me too

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for reaching out here @NoelBradford.

Your vote has been added to that feature request too. We’ll drop you an email if it’s added! 🙂

Thanks for reaching out here @NoelBradford.

Your vote has been added to that feature request too. We’ll drop you an email if it’s added! 🙂

There is kind of a workaround using the API Request Beta action.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks so much for letting us know @NoelBradford. Really pleased to hear you were able to set up a workaround using the API Request (Beta) action for ConnectWise Manage - great work! 🙌

For anyone else that comes across this and wants to give that API Request action a try, please check out our Set up an API request action guide for more details. 🙂