Best answer

How can i get RunID to access specific zap history?

• 10 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

hi people, im currently using Zapier Manager and sending notification to slack.

Zapier Manager has parameter “task_history_link”, however it does not have RunID. Therefore, i need to find specific transaction by searching or looking at time this Zapier Manager occurred.

Does anyone know how to get task_history_link with RunID or simply RunID it self.

thank you

the picture below is the test output giving by Zapier, somehow the test does not refer the actual case.

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 12 August 2022, 22:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi there!

So that I can see if we can help with this one could I ask I couple of questions, please? 

1. What trigger are you using? 
  2. What do you need the run ID for? Understanding why you need it means that we might be able to find a workaround. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 1

Hi @Danvers I came to ask this same question so I will respond with my answers too. Sorry @thisismyzapaccountfortest hope this doesn’t disrupt your opportunity to answer as well!

• What trigger are you using?
    • “New Zap Error”
  • What do you need the run ID for? 
    • In order to link to the URL of the Zap Run Details page for the Run. For a Zap that runs frequently, the run I need may be far down the list in the “Zap Runs” list or even on the next page. So I’d like to be able to link to the specific Zap Run Details for the run that trigger the “New Zap Error”.
Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @thisismyzapaccountfortest and @David Smedberg!

We have an existing feature request to have the entire Zap Run URL provided for the New Zap Error trigger, and I’ve added your votes to it. That means you’ll be notified via email when that has been implemented. 

Presumably, you’d want the entire URL in any of the triggers from Zapier Manager that currently provides the URL to the Zap Runs page (like New Halted Task, for example)?

Userlevel 1

@Danvers  @nicksimard @David Smedberg thanks for responding my thread and what David has answered is exactly what i was trying to say.

@nicksimard yes, the entire URL for the zap history is the one im looking for. ill put my app as pending and wait for the notification.

thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Ok, perfect @thisismyzapaccountfortest. Thanks for clarifying. I agree that it would be super helpful to get the entire URL.

This isn’t a perfect workaround but you could construct a URL like this in your Zap;

https://zapier.com/app/history?root_id=149845148&status=halted&end_datetime=2022-08-12&start_datetime=2022-08-12

That way you would at least be able to get to the status that you need, for the Zap, and just on the current day. Would make it easier to sift through.

You can map the status from the trigger and then format the date using Formatter by Zapier to give it to you in the format shown above.

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 1

Hi @thisismyzapaccountfortest and @David Smedberg!

We have an existing feature request to have the entire Zap Run URL provided for the New Zap Error trigger, and I’ve added your votes to it. That means you’ll be notified via email when that has been implemented. 

Thanks! Just for my clarity, is that existing feature request public somewhere or is that in a private system?

Presumably, you’d want the entire URL in any of the triggers from Zapier Manager that currently provides the URL to the Zap Runs page (like New Halted Task, for example)?

To be honest, I didn’t realize New Halted Task trigger existed. Very good to know, and although this is theoretical, yes I believe having the full URL available there sounds just as valuable as in New Zap Error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @David Smedberg!

The feature request is something internal here, and not publicly available. Happy to hear that the New Halted Task trigger might be helpful, as well :)