Question

How can I correctly format the output coming to Mango Apps from Google forms?

• 28 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

When taking selected columns from Google Forms into Mango Apps and creating a post all of the selected fields are being merged into one large paragraph with HTML formatting on it. I noticed the “Send Data” output from Forms is perfectly set but once it’s received by Mango they are all merged into the paragraph with the output even containing the HTML tags <p> </p>. Is there a way to filter the final output from Mango or is that a separate ZAP in itself?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @Lexthetech, you can use the Formatter by Zapier action as your step 2 to remove any html tags.

To find the Replace HTML option in the Formatter, follow these steps:

1. Click the Text option, then click the blue “Continue” button.
  2. Click the “Transform” dropdown and find “Remove HTML Tags” option, then click the blue “Continue” button.
  3. Input your text by clicking on the text field coming in from Google Forms (Sheets), then click the blue “Continue” button.
  4. Click the blue “Test & Continue” button

However, I believe you would like to present the text in a better way, maybe with bullet points or some structure. Can you send a screenshot of the sample data shown in MongoDB’s action?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Lexthetech 

Just checking in to see if @joshb’s suggestion got your sorted. Let us know if you still need help.