Question

The client's birth year isn't coming across when pulling the birthday field from EZLynx

• 10 August 2022
  • 4 replies

I am working with a zap that generates life insurance quotes. A needed piece of information is the clients birthday. We use Ezlynx, and the client DOB is in our system, but when we pull it from Zapier it only takes the day and month, not the full month/day/year needed (see screenshots). Are there any insights of how to fix this?

Picture 1: Saved DOB in ezlynz

Picture 2: generated DOB value in Zapier

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @BriHuo! Great question and we definitely want to help. 

This should be doable using a Formatter step! That said, are you able to elaborate a bit more on your current zap setup? Sometimes it helps to frame it as "When this happens in [blank] app, do that in [blank] app." If you’re able to share screenshots of your current zap setup (with any personal information obscured) that may also help us dig into this a bit more with ya. 🙂

In the meantime, I wanted to share some resources on working with and properly formatting dates:​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​I hope this helps!

Hi @christina.d 

I have attached more screenshots. The DOB is simply not complete after being pulled from EZlynx in the first step. On the last screenshot, you can see the birthday listed at the bottom as “08 04”. Not sure why this is the case.

Userlevel 1

What does it show you in that field for that record in the EZLynx program? As that says the test for Applicant C was it the same format for Applicant A & B as well?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@BriHuo - hopping in here for Christina! Were you able to get this sorted?

If not, feel free to share a screenshot of the record within EZLynx as @CreativeAutomation mentioned and we can dig deeper. 

If you’re all set, would love to know if Formatter was able to help you out here!