Best answer

Grabbing Page Content for an Evernote Note?

• 30 April 2021
  • 1 reply

I’m looking for any way to pull a web page’s content into an Evernote note with a zap. 

This started with me wanting to send the simplified article text of a Pocket article to Evernote as a new note (this seems possible from a lot of pre-existing zaps, but these zaps only send the page’s excerpt and not its full text to the note). 

I haven’t been able to find any way to do this (others my know how), but I feel like it might be more possible to pull the URL of a specific Pocket article once it’s favorited, and send that URL into something (another zap?) to grab the content, then put that content into a new Evernote note. 

Any ideas? Thanks so much!

icon

Best answer by CraigNet3 1 May 2021, 02:28

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

@rileysheehan you should be able to get the contents of a any webpage using a Webhooks by Zapier GET action. This will return the HTML code. For example I setup a Zap that will get triggered anytime I favorite a post on Pocket:

Next I mapped the URL in a Webhooks by Zapier GET action:

Here is what it returns:

I would suggest stripping out the HTML from the text that was returned because Evernote seems to only like basic HTML without any scripts. You can do that using a Formatter by Zapier Text Remove HTML Tags action. We can use the text output from the previous step as the input:

Here is what the stripped version looks like:

Next in an Evernote Create Note Action you would map the text that is returned as the content:

This is what it looks like in Evernote:

It’s not super pretty but you will be able to get all the text content of the web page. If you were looking up a fairly small webpage without any scripting or JavaScript code embedded, you might be able to get a nicely formatted HTML in Evernote. But that is a hit and miss. That is why I recommend stripping the HTML. I hope that helps.