Best answer

How do I trigger a Zap everytime we get a message in Google My Business?

Userlevel 1
Badge

It would be great to integrate Google My Business chat into Zapier. Right now, users can turn on customer chat on Google My Business. It would be great to have a trigger set to alert when we get a message via chat on Google My Business so we can respond automatically.

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 22 May 2020, 20:43

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@FullerElectric 

Yes, it would! I’ll flag this post so someone from Zapier can add your suggestion.

Meanwhile, can you set GMB to send you an email notification when a message is received? If so, you might be able to use email parsing to trigger a zap.

https://www.luhhu.com/blog/parsing-information-from-emails-into-zapier-the-options

Userlevel 1
Badge

@AndrewJDavison_Luhhu we do have a Zap setup for GMB when a review is received, but there’s nothing set to trigger when you get a chat. Looking into the GMB api, it appears it’s in closed beta. Hopefully Zapier got their name on the list for that. That would be a game changer for us to get messages in addition to reviews.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @FullerElectric ,

Thanks for the request!

I have created this as a feature request for Google My Business and have added you as an interested user. If and when it becomes a reality you will absolutely be notified!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @FullerElectric ,

Thanks for the request!

I have created this as a feature request for Google My Business and have added you as an interested user. If and when it becomes a reality you will absolutely be notified!

Any updates on this?

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Liz_Roberts  was there any updates to grab the chat as a trigger for GMB?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @FullerElectric!

There’s been no movement on this, I’m afraid. We use feature lists to prioritize updates to the integrations which we maintain, based on factors including how many users have requested the feature, how many users are using the integration, and some internal factors. I don't have an ETA of when or if this Google my business trigger will happen, but we will definitely email you if we add it in the future. 🙂

Userlevel 1

It is disappointing that Zapier has not prioritized it. Getting notified for new chat itself is important. Zapier needs to review internal prioritization process since they have clearly missed the boat on this. Google chat notification is very important for any business to automate. 

Now that we have this function, zapier should focus on “creating new posts” on GMB as it is also a very essential platform when it comes to local business. @Liz_Roberts   @Zap dev 

I request everyone in the community to make sure this post comes to the attention of Zapier developers and they make this happen. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @upautomate @rakshithgowda 

I’ve added you guys to this feature request. We’ll send out an email once available. Thanks!

Any news on this request? If you can add me to the list, I’d appreciate it. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Johan S,

I’ve added your vote for this feature request, and we’ll  notify you via email once an update is readily available. Thanks.