Question

Google contact to google contact group (label)

• 3 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone!

I have a problem, I am trying to automize this process: New contact in shopify → add contact in google contacts → add new contact into a google contact group (label).

I managed to make the first 2 steps work, but the third step does not work. Actually, it works during the test but with real cases it does not add the new contact in the seected group (label)

Does anyone know how to create this process in the right wa?

Thanks

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Crabbio!

I wanted to check in with you on this one, since we didn't hear back after our last message. Did you still need help here or were you able to resolve things? Please let us know :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

My best guess here without seeing the zap, will be that the groups you’re trying to add people to will have a unique ID and you’ll need to do a little bit of mapping in order to dynamically sort the users. 

So see below - a screenshot of the kind of ID you will be working with 

As you can see, if you are trying to do this dynamically, you’re going to need to know this information. My recommendation (if this is the problem you are having) would be to use a Lookup table before your Contacts step: https://zapier.com/help/create/format/create-lookup-tables-in-zaps

This will help you determine where to sort the user e.g.

Purchase Group
Item 1 contactGroup/8787687687687
Item 2 contactGroup/86576576576

etc…

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Please provide screenshots of how your Zap steps are configured.

For Step 3 in the Zap, you’ll need to use this action: GContacts Add Contact to Group (and the ID of the Contact from Step 2 needs to be piped thru to Step 3.