Best answer

Google Analytics - Chatbot.com Event defaulting to US source vs true source country

• 25 October 2021
  • 3 replies

I connected chatbot.com with google analytics using zapier. the zap counts an event every time a user leaves their data in the chatbot. When the event arrives, analytics considers it as if it came from a direct source and from the United States, knowing that most come from Latin American countries and not all are from a direct source.

Why not correctly identify the source and the country where the event comes from?

icon

Best answer by SamB 8 November 2021, 12:24

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Hi @iProspect 

This seems to be a possible data issue with ChatBot and not with the Zap.

You can open a ticket with Zapier Support for them to look into it more: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

I still can't fix it.
chatbot tells me one thing, zapier tells me another.

I need that if for example a person entered my website through a google ad and then spoke in the chat ... that "paid media" is the medium or if they entered through organic, say "organic" 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @iProspect,

I can see you’ve previously reached out to our Support team about this and were added to a feature request to have the original referrer (source) data passed over Google Analytics. Currently it looks as though our server’s IP addresses are what Google Analytics uses to detect the geographic location which is why the source is being added the United States. I don’t have an ETA on when that will be implemented but we’ll be sure to email you as soon as it is. 

With setting the medium as “paid media” or “organic”, I’d have thought that setting the Campaign Medium field on the Google Analytics step should do the trick. Are you able to select “paid media” or “organic” from the ChatBot fields in your Zap and have that data appear in Google Analytics? Or, is it more a case that Chatbot isn’t providing this info so you’re unable to pass that onto Google Analytics?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @iProspect 

This seems to be a possible data issue with ChatBot and not with the Zap.

You can open a ticket with Zapier Support for them to look into it more: https://zapier.com/app/get-help