Best answer

Getting post's author when new post is added to Facebook group

• 27 April 2021
  • 3 replies

I’m trying to get the message and the user’s name when someone makes a new post on a facebook group. I am able to receive the message no problem but the user’s name is not there. I have given zapier all possible permissions i could find on the facebook group’s settings but still no luck. Anybody know a possible solution?

icon

Best answer by Danvers 29 April 2021, 12:42

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hey @greg-dm, hope you’re well, I just wanted to check in here!

Were you able to get things working with the info from Troy and Danvers, or did you get in touch with support?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @greg-dm!

You can see all of the permissions that are need for Zapier to work with Facebook:

How to get started with Zapier

Common Problems with Facebook pages

If you’ve looked at all of those and set them up, tried disconnecting and reconnect your Facebook Pages account in Zapier (on the My apps page)

If you’re still having trouble after that, then the best thing to do is to contact the Support Team as they will be able to take a closer look with you. As Troy mentioned, the way to get in touch with the Support Team is through the Get Help form

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @greg-dm 

Might be worth opening a ticket with Zapier Support here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help