Best answer

From Gmail attachments to Google BigQuery dashboard

• 7 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi Everyone!

I would like to ask for your help in creating the following Zap. We are building a paid media digital dashboard, the output is Google Data Studio and the final destination of all raw data is Google Bigquery.

One of the paid media system is a bit far behind and our only possibility is to send a scheduled report to an email address.

CSV attachments arrives to Gmail on a daily basis (different CSVs for different campaigns) → we should send it with Zapier to Google Sheet, but first we should always delete the first 9 raws from the attachments. From Google Sheets we can pull this data to Bigquery.

It would be also nice to always delete the data from the day before automatically. And it is also important to be able to pull each CSVs to one Google Sheet (all of the without the first 9 raws)

Has anybody tried something like this before?

Thank you in advance!

Bendi

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 8 May 2020, 16:00

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @nagybendi ,

Thanks for reaching out!

I see Nikki in Support was able to help you with this workflow! In an effort to assist other users who may be interested in a similar flow, I am posting a summary of their response below.

If you have any more questions, just let us know!

Step 1: Trigger - Gmail: New Email Matching Search (to trigger off the data emails that you are receiving)
Step 2: Action - Formatter > Utilities > Import CSV
Step 3: Action - Google Sheets: Create Many Row(s)

What this Zap would do is trigger every time you get the email that has the data, and then create rows in a Google Sheet with the data that comes in.

As for overwriting data, Zapier is not a tool for deleting existing data...we exist to create new data.

As for your campaigns, I would tend to recommend doing a report per campaign, as it sounds like that would make your CSV files smaller and more manageable within Zapier.