Best answer

from Excel to Zoho CRM (contacts module) via Zapier

• 27 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi ! 

I have an issue mapping data between Excel and Zoho CRM (contacts comdule)

When I have a enter on an excel workseet (stored in onedrive), I want to create a new ACCOUNT and a new CONTACT. 

No issue to create a new ACCOUNT, but when I want to use the ACCOUNT name on the new CONTACT, using the account fied from my form I have this error: 

Unable to create entry in module: Contacts. Error : Invalid data for the field id. Detail : expected_data_type bigint, parent_api_name Account_Name

It seems that Zapier cannot retrieve the ACCOUNT name for the new CONTACT - by default, I can choose the ACCOUNT name from the list of ACCOUNT already in the CRM, but not the custom value created from the new ACCOUNT. 

Please help!!! 

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 27 March 2021, 18:37

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Lperez 

You’ll need to map the ID of the Account to the Account field in the Contact step.

Please provide screenshots of how your Zap steps are currently configured, thanks.

Please see attached.

Thanks, 

LP

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Lperez 

Zoho expects the internal Account ID.

Try adding a Find Module Entry step to find the desired Account by Account Name, which will provide the Account ID.

Example of the IDs Zoho expects for the Account Name field. (see the numeric values in smaller gray font underneath each of the friendly names options)

Hi @Lperez 

Zoho expects the internal Account ID.

Try adding a Find Module Entry step to find the desired Account by Account Name, which will provide the Account ID.

How do I do that, I am not an expert :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Lperez 

Add a new step 2 as your Zap to Find Module Entry.

Then map the Account ID returned from Step 2 to the Account Name field in Step 3.

You can see the available triggers/actions/searches for Zoho CRM here: https://zapier.com/apps/zoho-crm/integrations#triggers-and-actions

See attached