Best answer

Find Card in trello using regex in the field "Card Name"

• 25 March 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone,
I have two zaps that connect Freshdesk and Trello:
1. When a ticket is created in freshdesk, the zap creates a card in trello with the name: {{requester_company_name}} - {{requester_name}} - {{subject}}.
So for example if the customer (contact) named “Pepito” from the company “Palotes S.L” send and email with subject “I need Help”, it creates a card with the name: “Palotes S.L-Pepito-I need Help”.
2. When a ticket is updated by an agent in freshdesk, I want to update the corresponding cardn in trello. To do so I use the zap “update ticket in freshdesk” and the zap “Find card in trello”. The PROBLEM is that to find a card you can only use the field “Card Name” and sadly the trigger “update ticket in freshdesk” doesn’t provide the fields of zap #1 so I cannot look for it using {{requester_company_name}} - {{requester_name}} - {{subject}}.
This trigger only provides the subject so I was thinking about using a regex nomenclature to look for a card ending in “-{{subject}}”.

Is it possible to use regex expressions when looking for a card in trello?

thank you in advance :) 

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 30 March 2020, 20:15

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @PAL ,

Thanks for your questions and sorry about the delayed response!

I wish I had a better answer but unfortunately this is not possible as the Find Step does not allow for regex matches. Please let us know if you have any additional questions- happy to help!