Best answer

Feature Request: Action - Remove User from Google Group

• 2 July 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Google Groups are every Google Workspace admin’s best friend. They are incredibly useful but surprisingly difficult to automate. Zapier offers only three actions:

1. Create or Update Group
  2. Add Group Email Alias
  3. Add Member to Group

If we had the action, Remove Member from Group, it would open up so much quality autoamtion! 

icon

Best answer by MarinaH 7 July 2021, 18:26

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hey @pocaface!

Thanks for requesting the feature. 

Looking at our records, I can see we have an open feature request for the functionality you’re after - Delete/remove Member from Group in Google Groups. I am going to let my team know that you were interested in this, too, and in the future should we be able to add this to our app, we will be happy to send you an email.

I will note though that in general, we tend to stay away from Delete Actions. 

The reason being that Zapier works well almost all the time, but errors do happen and we'd rather have extra data created than deleted.

You can also follow along on the updates blog where we typically announce features like this: https://zapier.com/zapbook/updates/

While not all feature requests are implemented, customer feedback like this is a huge part of how we continue to grow our platform. If this feature does get developed, we'll reach out to you directly to let you know!

I would very much like this as well.  We are working to integration 100 google groups and over 2,000 members in various groups.  We gain/lose ~70 each month.  Deletions manually will be a non-starter for us once we start working on this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @SARGuy!

I've gone ahead and added your vote for that feature. We'll let you know via email when that's been implemented.

Userlevel 2

+1 for this feature!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @joelataffirmation! You got it. I’ve added your vote and we’ll keep you and this thread updated if it gets implemented. 🙂

Userlevel 1

+1 for this also.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Absolutely, @TGR! Your votes been added. We’ll be in touch via email with any news. 🙂

Welcome to the Community!