FB Leads to Mailchimp – Add subscriber to tag in mailchimp

• 10 March 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Skærmbillede 2020-03-10 kl. 11.30.55.pngHi

I am curious about how I assign a tag to my subscribers when joining my Mailchimp list from a FB leads. I noticed that the 'Choose action Event' called 'Add subscriber to tag' has a notice: "The email adress must already be subscribed to the audience. Or this will fail." But.. How are they supposed to be subscribed already when they just subscribed through my FB Lead?

Then I was wondering if it was because I had to do it in 2 steps. So the first action would be 'Add/update Subscriber' and then I would make another step called 'Add tag to subscriber'.

If this doesn't do the trick, I wouldn't know how to give my new subscribers a tag, when they come from Facebook Leads ads..

Skærmbillede 2020-03-10 kl. 11.23.22.png

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @linesvensson_93 you're spot on with your thinking! You will need 2 action steps here. The first should be to "Add/Update Subscriber" and the second to "Add Subscriber to Tag in Mailchimp".

I see you've already started to set this up based on your screenshots. Is everything working as expected or are you running into issues elsewhere? Let us know!