Best answer

How do I connect to the Stripe test environment for verification?

• 4 July 2022
  • 5 replies

I set up a trigger for stripe payment failure, but the zap is not running.
What could be the cause?

How we verified this was by purchasing a subscription product and then deleting the card information afterwards, which caused the payment to fail.
In the stripe admin page the payment is set to failed.

Please let me know if I should choose another method.

icon

Best answer by nicksimard 7 July 2022, 01:27

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @hota! I’m sorry to hear that and we definitely want to help!

Hmm, do you think you may be able to test using the steps outlined in this post? I wonder if that may provide the sample data you’re looking for?

Otherwise, if this doesn’t do the trick, if you wouldn’t mind sharing your current trigger setup with any personal details obscured. 🙂 That would be super helpful in allowing us to troubleshoot with ya.

Thanks so much and looking forward to digging into this with you! 

@christina.d

Thank you for your reply.
I have checked the post you sent me.

I have tried this method.

I recognize this card as one that can be tried in a test environment.
Therefore, the payment itself cannot occur with this card in the production environment.
Is there a way to connect zapier to the Stripe test environment for verification?
It would be helpful to know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @hota!

We have recently updated our Stripe integration and the connection method works differently. It’s not possible to use the test environment for that one. If the Stripe app in your Zap shows the word Legacy in it, then you can use the process outlined here

Since it sounds like this would be helpful for you, I have added your vote to an existing feature request we have, to add the ability to use the test environment. 

It might be worth reaching out to our Support team so they can take a closer look at your Zap and our internal logs, to see if they can track down what’s going wrong.

Userlevel 1

There is a Zapier help document which talks about connecting to the Stripe account using the test api key. Is that not actually possible?

https://zapier.com/help/doc/common-problems-stripe

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Gah, @HHcolcas! Thanks for sharing this. It appears this may be some leftover documentation from the legacy version of the Stripe app.

I’ve gone ahead and passed this along to our team to have this updated. Appreciate you flagging this for us!

Just a heads up, I’ll be shutting this thread down for comments in an effort to streamline info.

If you’re interested in following along for any updates on the Stripe testing environments, check out the main thread here:

Thank again for passing along your feedback!