Question

Email formatting expands when viewed in Yahoo

• 2 November 2021
  • 1 reply

I set up a trigger (new order in Big Cartel) + action (send email in Gmail). When I tested it the email looked good in Gmail but was excessively wide in Yahoo (I have to move the email to read all of it). This is only on my computer. It’s fine on my phone. I modified an html template from Printful to make the body of the letter. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to the Community, @pam1112021!

Email templates are notoriously tricky to get displayed correctly across all mail apps and devices! You may need to set some css styling that’s specific to Yahoo to prevent it from displaying the email too wide. You can find out more about setting Yahoo specific css styling here: The New Yahoo! Mail and How to Target It  

I’d also recommend using an email testing tool to view and test out any changes to your email template. Ones I’ve personally used and had success with in the past were Email on Acid and Litmus.

Hopefully that helps to get you pointed in the right direction! :)