Best answer

Duplicate calendar events created

• 13 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello everyone,

I created a Google Sheets to Google Calendar zap that creates an event in the calendar each time a new row is created in a sheet. So far, so good. It works. The thing is, I’ve noticed that I get duplicates of the same event in my calendar and they keep piling up each day.

I have no idea what might be doing this. Does someone know?

By the way, I also just noticed that my zap count is increasing, although I have not created as many new rows as there are new zaps. Something is definitely not right.

Thank you so much.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 13 January 2021, 13:18

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @Danvers 

Thanks for getting back to me!

Although I haven’t yet been able to try the fixes, I can tell you right away that I have most likely committed all the “sins” in ChrisP’s list of no-nos :joy:  I’m pretty sure I caused the repeating of events in the calendar.

After reading the article, I will investigate further and try to fix the issues.

Thank you so, so much for taking the time.

All the best,

Rui

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @ruiguerreiro

If you’re using Google sheets as a trigger, then the likely culprit is something in the way that the sheet is set up. @ChrisP wrote a great article on things to watch out for when you’re using Google sheets as a trigger: 

This help guide also explains some key points in the way that your sheet needs to be set up: Work with Google Sheets in Zaps

I hope that those help you to find the source of the trouble. If not then it might be helpful to ask the Support Team to take a closer look at the Zap with you. You can do that be contacting Support using the Get Help form: https://zapier.com/app/get-help