Best answer

Customize data types of transmitted information into Firebase

• 7 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hello all,

I’m working on connecting a google sheet with a cloud Firestore database. In the process, I’ve successfully connected the two and the information is getting transmitted as a record within the Firestore database, but because of the data types being assumed by Zapier, I’m running into some issues. 

For example, one of the information fields being transmitted is an “address” field. Right now, if the address was filled as “1234 Example St”, Zapier automatically changes the data type into a number and inputted that address as 1234 in my Firestore database instead of a string “1234 Example St”. 

I’m wondering if it’s possible to set certain fields to transmit certain data types only? Another example is translating booleans into Firestore. ‘false” within the input field returns a string entry by Zapier in the Firestore record.

If I could set certain fields to be certain data types exclusively, I could bypass this issue, although I can't seem to find any threads or documentation on this, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by Danvers 10 July 2020, 14:33

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @crazink1! I’m afraid that you’ve run into a known limitation of the Firebase Zapier integration: it currently sends all fields as strings rather than respecting field types. 

We do have a feature request open to have the Firebase integration respect field types and I've added your email address as another vote for this addition. We use these feature lists to prioritise updates to the integrations which we maintain. I don't have an ETA of when or if this will happen, but we will definitely email you if we add it in the future.

I’m sorry for the hassle in the meantime!