Question

Creating Zap to create new calendar event or add to existing one based on date match

• 1 January 2021
  • 3 replies

New user,

I’m creating Google Calendar events based on new rows in my Google Sheets. I am creating appointments at doctor’s offices. The  variables are number of offices and number of patients. There are 3 possibilities:

1. One event (office) that day and one patient - This is straightforward
  2. One event (office) and multiple patients - I want to create a Zap that will add certain information (Name, DOB) to an already existing event (office) based on matching Date and Doctor
  3. Two events (offices) with multiple patients - Create a zap that would be able to recognize when to create a new event versus adding data to an already existing event.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @owenp21!

I wanted to check in with you on this one, since I don’t see a response to the message that our moderators had sent you. Did you still need help here or did their reply to you help you resolve things? Please let us know :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@owenp21 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

GCal has a Find Event action available where you can search for an existing Event, and optionally if no match is found, then create a new Event.

Also considering adding a step to the Zaps to save the generated Event ID on the GSheet as a new column that can be referenced if Events need to be found/updated.