Question

Create Xero invoices for new Stripe invoices - Invoice Discount Field Issue Integrating Stripe & Xero

• 1 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Based on the ZAP - Create Xero invoices for new Stripe invoices

Trying to understand what field to use in Stripe to create an invoice in Xero that follows the discount % being originally offered.

For example, an invoice gets issued in Stripe for $200 less 10%, resulting in invoice of $180. When the Zap runs, an invoice is created in Xero, but the total amount shown is $200, not $180. I do not know what field I should be using. The discount originated in Stripe under product/coupon.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @VPM,

Can you share a screenshot of your xero configuration in Zapier, how did you map the fields?

The discount option for some platforms has “exclude from total” or similar option which takes the Total price as the discounted price. 

He @robschmidt,

Thanks for responding. Your suggestion sparked another idea and I was able to resolve the issue. Instead of using the pre-tax amount (tax is exclusive) and trying to apply discount, I changed the zap to After-tax total and indicating that the tax is inclusive. Now I don’t have to worry about applying any discount as it is the net amount less taxes.

I have one more issue that I am having with Stripe <> Zapier <> Xero invoicing. The invoice number in stripe for a renewed invoice is not moving with the zap from stripe, but rather when in Xero, Xero assigns its own invoice number (based on the last sequential Xero invoice number)

When Stripe is preparing a new bill (for a renew subscription), before finalizing it is in draft stage for a couple of hours. During this time, the Zap is taking place (while still in draft) and Xero is reflecting the information. Becasuse the Stripe invoice number is still draft, XXXXX-DRAFT (hasn’t given it is own invoice number yet), Xero says that no invoice number has been assigned so Xero assigns its own invoice number. 

Any ideas? I am also going to post this in its own chat, but you were so helpful, I thought to also tell you about my issue here too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @VPM! I’m glad to hear you were able to get things sorted! Thanks for posting your solution here for others to see. 🙂 It also looks like Sam was able to answer your other question here: 

Feel free to post another topic if you have any other questions!