Question

Create CSV from Excel invoice

Hello, I’m struggling with this so I decided to ask for help.

I receive emails with xls invoices, so I set up a proper trigger,
I would like to use seccond tab from line 7
I would like to use A1 as a input in another column, a2 as input in another column,
then I would like to make a CSV,
Then import it to appsheet (this should be easy)

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Zawistny Misio

Following up on Christina’s response here, I can add a couple of tips. If you create the sheet in Google Sheets, you’ll be able to get a link to the csv for the file so that can take care of that side of things for you. 

If you’d like some more help with the first part of what you’ve described (getting the information from the email and attachment and putting them into another sheet) could you share some more details with us? Do you need to get the data in the sheet into another sheet? And can you use apps other than excel (ie Google Sheets) or do you need to stick with Microsoft apps?

Let us know if you still need some help with this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, @Zawistny Misio! We appreciate you swinging by and definitely want to help! 🤗
Do you mind providing some details around your desired workflow?

Sometime it helps the Community with providing answers if it’s phrased in the form of “When this happens in xxx app, then do that in xxx app”.

We’re looking forward to digging into this with you!