Question

Copy a spreadsheet in another one when a file is added in a specific Google Drive folder

• 1 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone, 
I'm having some difficulty creating my automation.
Here is the problem:

- Every day, a new file (a spreadsheet) is imported in a specific folder on my Google Drive.
- I would like that each time a new file is added in this folder then the content of this file is copied and pasted inside another spreadsheet on my Google drive as a new tab (because it already has content).

Is this possible? I can't find the solution.

Thank you :)

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Is the file a CSV?

How many rows of data are in the new file?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

That shouldn’t be a problem but is a tricky set up. For your trigger step, you will select New File in Folder in Google Drive and configure it to look at the folder of interest. 

Next, you will select to Copy Worksheet in Google Sheets. select the drive, for the field “Spreadsheet Containing the Worksheet to Copy” you will insert a custom value from the previous step for the id the spreadsheet. then under worksheet to copy type in the value 0 (0 is the id of the first worksheet on the spreadsheet, Zapier doesn’t like this and will throw an error but you can ignore, it will work). Then select the destination spreadsheet to copy the worksheet to. 

Trigger spreadsheet
Results after zap runs

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Hephaistos!

Can you see if the answer that @GetUWired provided works for you? At a glance, it appears that it should. If so, we’d love to hear about it :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Hephaistos!

I just wanted to check in with you to see if you’d managed to get things working using the suggestion above, or whether you could still use some help here. Please let us know :)