Question

Convert a URL Dataset to Individual HTML Hyperlinks

• 29 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I am currently using a Apify to generate a dataset consisting of 3 URL’s in the format of “url-string1, url-string2, url-string3”.

I am trying to feed these three URL’s into an email as hyperlinks such as:

<a href=”url-string1”>Link1</a>

<a href=”url-string2”>Link2</a>

<a href=”url-string3”>Link3</a>

I split the 3 hyperlinks into line items with the comma as the separator using Formatter by Zapier » Text » Split Text and it produces 3 line items.

From there, I have attempted to try to convert the line items to markdown and then replace some of the html with what I need but it is losing ampersands and some other characters in the markdown conversion so the URL’s break.

Any ideas on how I could make a clean conversion of the 3 URL’s into hyperlinks?

Thanks in advance!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @evansmanage!

I’m not 100% sure, but I suspect that you’re probably receiving line items from Apify, rather than a list of comma-separated URLs. If that’s the case you’ll first want to map that field into a Formatter — Utilities — Line-Item to Text step:

From that step, you’ll see separate outputs for each of those items:

You can then map those into their own hyperlinks:

Can you check your Zap to see if that works out for you? Please let me know if anything is unclear or if you need help with anything else!