Best answer

Connecting data sources to a chatbot with Interfaces

This post was split from the topic:

I see “coming soon” under connecting data sources to the chatbot in the Interface. Do you guys know when that feature will become available? I would really love to start using it for my company. 

icon

Best answer by Danvers 18 May 2023, 12:00

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @strikepoint, welcome to the Community! 👋

Good news! The Chatbot component is available to use in Interfaces right now. 😁

You can find out more about how to use it here: How to create a custom AI chatbot with Zapier Interfaces

Keen to ensure you’re all set here so please do let us know how you get on! 

@SamB 

I don’t believe his question was answered and I have the same one.

When will you be able to connect a Data Source to the ChatGPT bot?  It said coming soon, but it no longer says that.  Is it here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @strikepoint and @Makanalani!

We are working on connecting a data source to chatgpt in a Zap, you can learn a little more about that in @geo’s comment here. That said, I don’t know yet if or how this will extend to using the chatbot component in Interfaces. 

To summarize - we don’t have a specific date yet, but it is something that we’re working on. 

Hey, I’d like to receive updates for this feature, so I know as soon as it comes out. Is there a way i can do that without subscribing to all emails?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi there @imagnify,

You can easily reach out to our Zapier Interfaces team. Just click on this link: https://eap.zapier.app/interfaces and select "Feature Request" from the "Type of Feedback" dropdown.

cdd78d4dbcc7842b17922d8823783137.png
(view larger)

They'll be more than happy to add you to the feature request.

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Thank you- I will definitely be using this. I suddenly turned into a Zapier interfaces fangirl a week ago and I’m really excited to see the features you guys roll out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @imagnify,

You are most welcome! We're thrilled that you're enjoying Zapier and are excited about our features. It's always wonderful to have a member like you in the community.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask in the Community. We’re always happy to help! 🤗

Hey, when are more data sources coming for the chatbot option on interfaces? Such as sites and more options for uploading more documents?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @shouryalunia,

You can contact our Interfaces team so that they can assist you better regarding the features for Interfaces. You can reach our Interfaces team here: https://eap.zapier.app/interfaces

Hopefully, this helps! 😊

Userlevel 3
Badge

AI Chatbots CANNOT yet connect to LIVE data sources like a Google Sheet or Google Doc, right?

In other words, a non-frozen file that is being edited in near-realtime so I don’t have to keep re-exporting and re-importing.

I also reached out to the Interfaces contact too.

Userlevel 3
Badge

^ I’m still wondering about this, and haven’t heard back from Interfaces team yet.

Does anyone know if Zapier AI Chatbot can work with a LIVE data source that’s updated in realtime?

Being able to have a conversation based on an evergreen document, as opposed to a frozen spreadsheet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @TORLEY, so sorry we missed your posts here previously! 

AI Chatbots CANNOT yet connect to LIVE data sources like a Google Sheet or Google Doc, right?

Yes that’s correct. Zapier Chatbots (which is now separate from Zapier Interfaces) currently only supports static, not live data sources.

Does anyone know if Zapier AI Chatbot can work with a LIVE data source that’s updated in realtime?

As mentioned above, live data sources are not currently supported with Zapier Chatbots.

That said, there’s an existing feature request tracking interest in having Zapier Tables added as a live data source which I can add your vote to if you’re interested? Just let me know if you are and I’ll get you added to that right away! 

But if it’s specifically Google Sheets or Google Docs that you want to use as a live data source then I’d suggest submitting a new feature request to the Chatbots team for that here: https://ai-chatbot-help.zapier.app/contact-us

Hope that helps to clarify things. 🙂

Userlevel 3
Badge

@SamB I am sort of interest in “having Zapier Tables added as a live data source”.

But I care more about Google Sheets, since those can be presented in ways Zapier Tables can’t yet. I’ll send a feature request.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Thanks for letting me know, @TORLEY. I’ve added your vote to that existing feature request I mentioned. As ever, can’t make any promises around when you can expect that to be made available but we’ll definitely email you as soon as it is! 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@SamB OMG HAS THE TIME REALLY COME???

https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/24569690575117-Add-a-data-source-to-a-Zapier-Central-bot#h_01HQTV0YZSCTK05H6FC96TQ4TB

I hope 🤞 I’m not misunderstanding it, but it sounds like LIVE DATA SOURCES for me.

From this video: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey @TORLEY! 👋

Zapier Chatbots now has the ability to select a Zapier Tables table as a live data source (available on Premium or Advanced plans only):
c43557917de4a310517ff71dc375f966.png

And yes, other live data sources such as Google Sheets are indeed available to use in Zapier Central! 🎉

As you may have already seen, there are some limitations with the data sources while it’s currently in “public preview”. In particular with using Google Sheets as the data source there are limits to the number of columns (26), worksheets (20) and synced records (50,000).

Let me know if you run into any further questions, always happy to assist! 🙂

Userlevel 3
Badge

@SamB That’s great, a step in the right direction for sure — when Zapier Chatbot can use the same live data sources as Zapier Central for feature parity, meaning Google Sheets and Notion pages, that’ll be even more awesome. 🥳