Best answer

Connect Gsheet/Gmail to start to send a series of daily emails

• 16 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I would like to use Zapier to send a serie of emails to New Starters, and connecting with Gsheet.

For example, on the 8th August, I add the name, email and starting date: 15.08.2022 on a G sheet.

From the 15.08.2022, I would like to send 20 emails daily for 4 weeks.

I can’t find a way to do that, could you please tell me if it is possible?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 23 August 2022, 13:50

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Aais75002!

If you don’t want to use Airtable, I can think of another couple of options:

1. Use Mailchimp to create a campaign
  2. Use Delay by Zapier to space out the emails

Number 1 will use less steps in your Zap and will make it easy to repurpose your emails. I think you can do what you need with the free plan on MailChimp, though it depends how many emails you need to send (maximum 2000 daily or 10,000 monthly). With that, you would create a campaign in MailChimp. You can set up the campaign so that it’s automated and sends an email a day for 20 days. In Zapier, you would set up a Zap that looks like this:

1. Schedule by Zapier (set to trigger daily, so each day it triggers and runs the following steps)
  2. Google Sheets Find Many Spreadsheet Rows (note that this will only return 10 rows at once, so if you might have more than 10 new starters on the same day, this wont work!)
  3. Looping by Zapier (loop the last step for every Google Sheet row - each line item)
  4. MailChimp Add/Update Subscriber

If you add the new starter to a MailChimp audience with the automated sequence of emails, MailChimp will pick things up from there and take care of the emails for you. 

Alternatively, you could build the whole thing in Zapier by using ‘Delay by Zapier’. Delay by Zapier allows you to ‘pause’ a Zap for up to 30 days. So you could have the Zap trigger based on the star date in Google sheets (steps one and two in the example above) then add a 1 day delay, send and email, add a delay, send the next email, etc. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Aais75002 

Good question.

You’d be better served using Airtable instead of GSheets.

Airtable has Views.

Views can have Filters. (e.g. Date = Today)

Views can be used to trigger Zaps.

Airtable has internal Automations as well.