Best answer

Cloze: authentication failed

• 17 June 2020
  • 2 replies

When trying to put in the API + Email address to authenticate Cloze, it gives an error. I’m 1,000% sure the email address is correct & I’ve removed/recreated new API codes 3x’s but with no avail. I keep on getting this error:

authentication failed: The app returned "The user account does not have sufficient permissions for this feature"

1. Make sure you click "Allow" or "Accept" on the permission popup
  2. Double check your Account has the correct permissions
  3. Check out our help docs for more information

Yet, I only receive the ALLOW / ACCEPT pop-up once, pre approved it and allowed, but still having the same issue. It will not connect.

Please send help & advice!

icon

Best answer by steph.n 7 July 2020, 06:59

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @EBP!

I looked into this for you and I don’t see any open bug reports for what you’re describing. It seems that we'll need to investigate this further, so I'm escalating this to our Support team. They can provide you with the attention you need to resolve this issue in a timely fashion.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@EBP - We just wanted to share the awesome answer you got from Zapier Support:

The error message a bit misleading. I think the permissions the error references are actually within Cloze, not Zapier. You can read about adjusting those here: https://help.cloze.com/help/permissions-categories

We're trying to use this Zap to Create/Update a Person. For that to work, the account you're connecting, XXX@brittspicks.com, needs to have edit permissions. The error message leads me to believe that isn't the case right now. I've tried on my end using Zapier's Cloze account and I don't see the same error.

I'm not sure exactly what that looks like but one strategy is to start by maxing out the permissions by enabling everything. Then if you're concerned about security, you can turn them off one-by-one, making sure the Zap still works along the way. I'm sure Cloze could also give you more specifics when it comes to their permissions settings.