Question

Cannot select Issue Type in Jira Software Cloud

• 11 May 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello all, 

I am looking to setup a Google Form <> Jira integration whereby when a G Form is submitted it, an issue is created in Jira in a specific project. 

I have done this on past projects but a new one I am setting up, I get the following: 

I looked on Jira and do not believe there are any undefined issue types, as have the normal issue types of Bug, Story, Task, etc. 

Has anyone come across this before? Any suggestions?

Thanks 

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@TJ McKenna 

I'm going to flag this post for the Zapier Community Team. They should have more insight on this and can escalate to the support team if needed.

Sit tight, and someone will contact you soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @TJ McKenna!

Can I double-check that you selected the project before using the Issue type dropdown? The error message there suggests that the Zap went to Jira to ask what type of Issues are in a project, but it couldn’t find the project. 

If you have selected a project, it looks like the Zap isn’t able to see that project for some reason. To make sure we’re ruling out a couple of things, could you please try reconnecting Jira in the Zap and re-selecting the project before using the Issue Type dropdown.

Let us know how you get on! 

Hi @TJ McKenna!

Can I double-check that you selected the project before using the Issue type dropdown? The error message there suggests that the Zap went to Jira to ask what type of Issues are in a project, but it couldn’t find the project. 

If you have selected a project, it looks like the Zap isn’t able to see that project for some reason. To make sure we’re ruling out a couple of things, could you please try reconnecting Jira in the Zap and re-selecting the project before using the Issue Type dropdown.

Let us know how you get on! 

Thanks @Danvers for your response. 

• I did select the project beforehand. I also selected another project and it had no problem with Issue type, but appears this one does. 
  • I would be hesitant to reconnect it, as there are other live zaps using Jira and would not want to disrupt. As well, similar to first comment, I am able to select another project and see Issue type; it appears only this project does not work. 
    • Though they are different projects, they are all under 1 account for our company. 

Please let me know if there are additional ways to troubleshoot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey @TJ McKenna can you think of anything different about the project where the issue types are appearing vs. the project where they aren’t? It’s odd to see this working in some instances and not others so sometimes this can result from a permissions issue or issue types not being created for the project that is selected. If nothing seems inherently different, this might be something you take to our support team: https://zapier.com/app/get-help. They will be able to pull up logs from Jira that might provide some clues as to what’s happening here. 

Please do let us know what you find out as we’d love to share the solution with anyone else following along that’s running into the same issue!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@TJ McKenna 
Just checking in to see if you still need help with this?