Best answer

Can I use Filters to check a value of a field when the output is an array of fields IDs and values?

• 24 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I am trying to triger an QB invoice base on True False custom filed from another app (Lawmatics).. The problem is that when I look at changed to a mater as a Triger I get all the custom field and their values as two separate arrays. Is there any way to match each filed to its Value so I can filter based on one.

I hope this makes sense

In the example below line one include the array of the custom field’s names

, line 2 the array of the ID (in this example i like to use the value of custom filed “Create Invoice”, ID 84799)

line 3 is the array of the values 

So the filter will be to only move forward if ID 84799 = True

God bless you is you have a solutions

Coby

icon

Best answer by christina.d 7 June 2022, 00:45

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there, friends! I wanted to pop in and provide some extra resources around Troy’s proposed solution if you decide to go that route:

Hi @crelis 

You’d have to use a Code step to create a combined array: https://zapier.com/apps/code/help

Then you can filter on a per field basis.

You can see more about creating arrays here:

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I was afraid you were going to say that :)

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @crelis 

You’d have to use a Code step to create a combined array: https://zapier.com/apps/code/help

Then you can filter on a per field basis.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi Jay 

The issue is not in QB 

The issue is that when I look at the INPUT available to me from Lawmatics i see the array I listed

So in this example the ID of custom field “ Create Invoice” which is a Boolean filed is 84799 and the status (again in Lawmatice) is Yes  .What I need to do is to create a filter that will check is 84799 is Yes to allow the Zap to continue , The issue is I  cannot figure out how to separate the arrays of values (that is why there is also no output to share)

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @crelis , Can you try to add an action of getting more details of an invoice and see how custom values comes? Also, is it possible to share the test output with me?