Best answer

Avoiding duplicate Airtable records when using a zap to from Google Calendar to Airtable

• 15 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Good day folks!

I’m new to Zapier and Airtable, so I’m sure there’s an exceptionally simple answer that I’ve just not been able to find by searching. 

I’m using a zap to automatically add Google Calendar entries into Airtable. It works great.  The two triggers are “new Calendar entry made” and “Calendar Entry updated”. 

The problem is, if the Google Calendar entry is re-scheduled from one date to another, I end up with two entries in Airtable. Since some of us here will only be using Airtable, that’s going to cause some dreadful issues,  because we’ll have two due dates for certain projects showing in Airtable, and one of those entries will be old news. 

How can I avoid this? 

Thanks!

Matt

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 15 January 2021, 20:12

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Matt M,

I'm checking in with you here, since I don’t see a response to the message that Troy had sent you. Have you managed to resolve things or did you still need help here? Please let us know :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Matt M

Try one of the Airtable Search actions in your Zap.

Check the Zap steps template below.

Zap Steps

1. Trigger: GCal
  2. Action: Airtable Find/Create Record
  3. Action: Filter (filter for found record = true from step 2)
  4. Action: Action Update Record