Best answer

Airtable New Record Trigger when reaching the max record cap

• 21 April 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi Everyone,

I’m creating an email digest based on the New Record trigger on Airtable. Approximately 500 new records are added a day and a dozen or so custom digests will parse through each new record, filter to match conditions, then email the correct recipient a custom digest personalized to them. I will be running into an issue with the max record cap of 50,000 records soon. One solution I thought could work was to copy and paste the data into a different table/db, then completely clear the base that the Zap is pointed to so that new records could be added from the first row. However, this doesn’t seem to trigger the New Record trigger. Does anyone have a workaround for this?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Danvers 23 April 2020, 12:13

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @andyNEXT! Wow, that’s a lot of records!  If the record is being moved to the new table (rather than created from scratch), then it wont trigger a New Record trigger. 

You could try the New record in View trigger and create a new view (that will catch any new records that you need it to) each time you create a new table. One thing to note with the New Record in View trigger is that it only triggers the first time a record is added to the view (ie if a record is in the view, then moves out and goes back in, the Zap wont trigger a second time). 

Do you think that would solve the issue that you’re running into?