Best answer

Advanced line-item lookup table help

• 12 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi Everyone,

I’m a pretty experineced Zapier user and have been using it for about a year. I’ve been trying every angle at this and hope it’s possible but I cannot figure out a solution to save my life. 

I am essentially looking for a larger, more advanced version of Zapier’s Lookup Table function. I know on a small scale this is possible, but I want to have a more-scalable solution. 

Essentially let’s say I have a product that I invoiced for, and now I want to convert it to a SKU in Zapier, that’s easy enough. I have the item name in the first lookup table column then the SKU in the second. If I want to work with line items for a multi-item invoice, again, no problem I can use Zapier. 

Where it gets tricky is lets say I add 5 new products per day and delete some others. It’s unrealistic for me to edit this Zap every time I add/remove a SKU and I don’t want a 500-item lookup table to manage inside Zapier.

I was hoping I could just plug the line item output into Google Sheets lookup field, but that will not search for and convert multiple lines at a time. I also can’t have a multi-step zap because each order could be a different size. 

Please let me know what you think and I’m more than happy to answer with more details 🙂 

Ken

icon

Best answer by Troy Tessalone 12 October 2020, 16:36

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Use a GSheet with formulas to prep the data in conjunction with the GSheet Lookup Row action in your Zap.

I think I’ll need more detail here, do you have an example of where you have done this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Use a GSheet with formulas to prep the data in conjunction with the GSheet Lookup Row action in your Zap.