Best answer

Adding records to Airtable depending on field value

• 19 April 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi! I have a Table with an “email” field already populated with some email addresses, and I would like to implement the following workflow:

• when a new email arrives (gmail inbox)
  • Find the “From: email address” in the table.
  • if there is a match, create a new record with the email content (subject, body etc.)
  • if no match do nothing

so only emails from people already on the list are stored.

When using “Find in Airtable” as Step 2 and the “Create record” as Step 3, I don’t see how to do to create the record only if Step 2 found a match. Currently all emails are stored, as if the Find step was ignored.

On a different Zap I succesfully did an update of a record based on a match with the email address, but can’t figure out how to create a record instead.

any clues?

thanks a lot!

icon

Best answer by Liz_Roberts 21 April 2020, 22:48

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

thanks, it works! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Rbravo ,

Thanks for reaching out- happy to help!

It sounds like you will just need to add a “Filter” step between Step 2 and 3. Using a filter will tell the Zap to only continue (create a new record) if there is a match. The Apps page is a great place to learn more about filters and how you can set them up! 

Let us know if that does the trick & if you have any additional questions, please let us know!