Best answer

Add new paid Shopify orders to a Google Sheets spreadsheet - new daily sheet

• 15 June 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi,

I’m using the integration “Add new paid Shopify orders to a Google Sheets spreadsheet”.

Right now this Zap is pulling all my new paid orders from Shopify and putting each order in a new Row inside the selected worksheet.

What I want to do now is create for each day a new worksheet named after the current day and put in that worksheet all the corresponding orders for that day.

E.g.: If today is 15 Jun and 15 Jun I had 3 orders. Create a new worksheet named 15 Jun and put all the orders for that day, keep updating the orders until 15 Jun has ended and do the same for the following day. All in the same Spreadsheet, only adding worksheets.

Hope it makes sense, thank you!

Personal information removed by moderator. Please do not include any personally identifiable information in Community posts. 

icon

Best answer by GetUWired 15 June 2021, 17:19

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @PabloS,

While this is possible to do with Zapier, it is going to be somewhat complicated system. Shopify sends the data every time there’s a new purchase, so automation has to check if the purchase is the first one of the day and if so it will add google sheet> create worksheet action. However if it’s the second or later purchase, automation has to skip that action and just append data in the current worksheet.

You can also use API solutions to get orders as line-items and use looping, path & storage to get this done.

Thank you Rob,

I guess I will find another way since I don't want to overcomplicate things. Maybe I can just filter the dates in google sheets. 

Have a nice day,

Pablo

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

HI @PabloS 

As you’ve mentioned, the easiest way to do this is by filtering the dates in Google Sheets. However, the process in Zapier is not overly complicated if you use two zaps. 

Take a look: 

Zap 1: Every day at midnight create a new worksheet and store the current days sheet ID in storage by Zapier

• Trigger: Schedule by Zapier
    • Set it to run every day at midnight
  • Step 2: Create Worksheet in Google Sheet
    • Fill in the headers, you can name the worksheet using data from the first step if you choose to
  • Step 3: Storage by Zapier - Set Value
    • you will set a value to be retrieved in the other zap that will tell Zapier which worksheet to add data to.

Zap 2: Create a Row in Google Sheets from New Paid Order data in Shopify

• Trigger: New Paid order in Shopify
  • Step 2: Storage by Zapier
    • Get Value. Get the  ‘current_day_spreadsheet_id’ value 
  • Step 3: Add new Row to google Sheet. Use the value retrieved in the previous step to specify the worksheet.
    • You can find help with how to do this following this page:   

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @PabloS 

I’d suggest using Airtable instead of GSheets: https://zapier.com/apps/airtable/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Airtable has Views which can be used to sort/filter/group data: https://support.airtable.com/hc/en-us/articles/202624989-Guide-to-views

Hi,

@Troy Tessalone thank you for the suggestion I will give it a try.

@GetUWired thanks a lot! It worked perfectly.

I have 2 more question, right now if the order is more than 1 item all the items are stored in a single cell. Is it possible to store all the items from 1 order in separate cells? Example:

Also is it possible to format (bold, size and freeze) the first row for the newly created worksheets?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@PabloS 

Check out these articles related to using line items in Zaps:

https://zapier.com/help/create/basics/use-line-items-in-zaps

https://zapier.com/help/create/format/create-line-items-in-zaps

You’ll need to use this GSheets actions with line items:

@Troy Tessalone thank you. Got it working! Any idea how to not repeat the order number and details that are the same?

Personal information removed by moderator. Please do not include any personally identifiable information in Community posts. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@PabloS you have to add more complex logic to the Zap that likely isn’t worth the hassle.