Best answer

Zap is not capturing data from Stripe to add in Mailchimp

• 8 August 2021
  • 3 replies

When a new user subscribes it adds into stripe but Zapier in not capturing it to add in Mailchimp but incase of empty customer name or email it sends error messagefor the missing email of the customer. But when live customer is added it does not capture it.

icon

Best answer by SamB 8 October 2021, 12:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @faisal 

Can you recheck whether you have selected the right trigger? If your customers are enrolling into subscription charge you may use the ‘event’ trigger as shown:

Try changing the trigger and check whether it works. It should work if you have set up your accounts correctly. If it doesn’t seem to work that way, you can set up webhook using Stripe API and send the data to zapier using “webhook by zapier” app.

I have changed it to the New Event but now my zap is not turning on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to jump in here as noticed @faisal also reached out to our Support team about this. robschmidt’s suggestion to use the New Event trigger is correct despite the Zap not turning on.

The error that prevented the Zap from being turned on was "You are not permitted to configure webhook endpoints on a connected account. Did you mean to create a Connect webhook on your account instead?". This type of error can sometimes occur if the API was created by another user, not the same one that’s connected to the Zap.

For anyone that’s also running into that error, create a new API key on the Stripe website then add a new Stripe account connection via the My Apps page. Next, head over to your Zap and select the Stripe connection that’s using new API key before attempting to turn on the Zap again. 

If you’re still running into trouble after giving that a try please do contact our Support Team who will be happy to assist further! :)