Shopify Workflow Quote

• 15 September 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi @AndrewJDavison_Luhhu @PaulKortman ,

I’ve made my first zap on Zapier, and only know very basic coding/tweaking, but need to implement this. 

Can someone please help?  I *think* my requirement is simple.  Please see #3-9 below:

1. A customer completes a purchase from my Shopify store.
  2. I know how to put a 20-minute Zapier “delay” so that customers can see more offers on my “Thank You” page.
  3. I then need some kind of server-side bot to manually (but securely), behind the scenes, login to a 3rd party URL with my username and password.  [I noticed that  @TheDavidJohnson suggested a tool like Locust, but I have no idea how to use this or integrate it with Zapier.  I’ve inspected the page source and used developer tools, and it doesn’t seem like Wordpress, and I did not see any data to suggest the technology used.]
  4. Once logged in, it should go to a specific page there (preferably by entering a new URL which I already have, or by navigating using the menu.)
  5. Once loaded, it should enter (from Shopify) my customer’s “Full Name”, “Email Address”, and a short and simple “Custom Message” (that is pre-determined and static).  [I know how Zap steps use info from prior steps.]
  6. There is a “Voucher Amount” dropdown menu, which should be kept as-is.
  7. It may need to then scroll down the page a bit.
  8. Then need to click the “GENERATE...” button on the page, so the 3rd party can instantly generate a voucher and email it to my customer.
  9. Securely log out, if needed.  (I think this can be achieved by going to a predetermined URL, or clicking my name at the top dropdown menu and then clicking “Logout”.)

Any ideas?  I hope to finish this ASAP, and if someone can send me a quote for a reasonable amount to get it done quickly - all the better.

Thanks!

Sam

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

@SamK I would be interested in talking further with you to make this happen.  Direct message me and we can setup a meeting time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Sounds like a great challenge and definitely interesting!

You can use some crawler to do this for you, like Locust (not really made for this kind of thing), or develop your own crawler (or with a team like ours). 

Let me know if you need any assistance with this! But feel free to contact Andrew or Paul.

~Bjorn

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@SamK that’s not how Zapier works, it’s not able to login and out of a website. However, it can effectivly do the same thing via API, so in order to know what API we’d be working with we need to know what that third party tool is. I’ve been working with EZPin and it sounds similar… once we know this we can determine if it’s doable.