Question

Need help tracking time in Harvest across multiple Teamwork projects

• 2 October 2021
  • 4 replies

My marketing agency has started using Teamwork for project management. I do not like its timekeeping system, though, and would like to go back to using Harvest.

I understand Harvest and Teamwork can connect through Zapier.

I’ve run into an issue though, creating a Zap myself:

I can set up a Zap to pull Harvest time onto ONE specific project, but I need it to map across multiple projects. (For example, if I bill time to Client A, Client B, and Client C, I need it to map to those respective Teamwork projects.) 

I will need to repeat this process for six to eight people, and 30 clients.

Many thanks for any insights and assistance!

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @KHB ,

I am still not clear with your problem. Is your problem about creating a Zap for each project/client? Also can you provide screenshot your current Zap setup?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @KHB ,

Interesting question! Just like @jayeshkumarbhatia  states, its always usefull to show what you have right now and what is blocking you. Screenshots are powerfull.

Anyway, if I understand correctly you basically want to map time to teamwork projects. To do this, you need some kind of “identifier” on both sides which connects them together.

What you could do, is something like this:

• You make a Google Sheet or some other kind of DB. In here, you map
    • Each Harvest time identifier to a Teamwork project. So for example when some kind of time tracking item has a tag or name inside of it which you can use for identifying to which project it relates, you use this.
    • Each project and its identifier
  • Now in the zap, you can:
    • 1. grab data from the Harvest time tool
    • 2. You search through a sheet to identify to which project it relates
    • 3. Place this data in the teamwork project

I hope this makes sense and helps you further. if you have any other questions let me know!

~Bjorn

Right on -- here is where I am stuck.

This is the basic flow right now:

And here is where I run into problems. On Step 2, it wants me to assign the time entries to a specific project; we have 30 projects set up for different clients.

I think the Google Spreadsheet solution is a good one but I frankly could use some help. Is anyone available to help us implement this? (For a fee obviously)

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hey @KHB,

Sure, You can hire an expert from here or you can hire me. (You can reach me over DM)