Hiring developer to connect my woocommerce + discord server to give roles when product is purchased

• 5 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey, I’m currently trying to create a zap that has the zapier bot that will allow a customer access to our chosen discord and given a specific role after their woocommerce order is completed. 

I’m having trouble in various stages of this. 

The first step is creating a subscription in woocommerce which I’ve done correctly.

The next step is adding this customer to our discord server, not sure if I’ve done this correctly but the bot is in our server. 

The final step is to give the customer a specific role in our discord server, however I can’t even find the “discord” option that I created with my checkout form on the website. All I can find our the labels such as “billing name, billing email, etc” nothing about the discord field I personally created and is on the checkout form like everything else.

I’m not opposed to hiring someone to help me as I’ve paid I think $60 for zapier to be able to do this automated task and I just want to have this completed as I’m manually adding 20+ people per day at this point. 

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

It sounds like you’ve added a custom field called “discord option” to woocommerce form. Is that correct?

And when setting up your zap, discord action, you aren’t able to see the custom “discord option” value from the previous woocommerce trigger?

Do any other custom fields come through?

Userlevel 1

It sounds like you’ve added a custom field called “discord option” to woocommerce form. Is that correct?

And when setting up your zap, discord action, you aren’t able to see the custom “discord option” value from the previous woocommerce trigger?

Do any other custom fields come through?

Hey Matt, yes that’s exactly what I’m trying to do.. however the custom field isn’t showing up in zapier.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Exposing the custom fields is a function of the app (woocommerce) and their API. 

Have you reached out to them to determine if you are missing something? It is odd that their platform would allow you to create custom fields, but not expose them to the Zaps.

Are you tied to using woocommerce? 

Have you tried accessing your custom field via their API - https://woocommerce.github.io/woocommerce-rest-api-docs/#retrieve-a-customer

Let me know if you’d like further assistance. PM me if you’d like to setup a zoom to discuss next steps.

Have you found a solution for this? I am also in the same predicament. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @austinsrur - Thanks for posting up! This topic is older, so we definitely recommend creating a new topic or checking out https://experts.zapier.com/ to see if an Expert could give you a consultation.