Best answer

Zoom password settings not working on new meetings

Userlevel 1

I’ve set my zoom defaults to require a password for new meetings. This is also apparently something Zoom starting doing as of April 5th. When I create a new meeting with my zap, there is no required password on the newly created meeting in zoom. 

I also updated my settings to include muting all participants upon entering, this setting appeared to automatically trigger with the new meeting created via zap as I would expect it to.

Thanks for any help with this!

Katie

icon

Best answer by jesse 25 October 2020, 06:39

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi Katie! It looks like the Zoom Zapier integration doesn’t currently support creating meetings with passwords, I’m sorry about that! We do have a feature request open for this and I’ve added you as an interested user. This lets the Zoom team know how many folks would like to see this addition and also means that we’ll send you an email when we have an update. 

Userlevel 1

Yes please!!! This makes this unusable entirely, esp given all the zoom bombs of late

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @perccci I’ve added you to the feature request as well, thanks!

Userlevel 1

@Danvers request to be added to this feature request too please, thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge

@nd-zapier  please add me too. As stated before… Zoom integration isn’t usable for us until you allow us to generate the passwords.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @FullerElectric and @nd-zapier!  I’ve added you both to that feature request as well :)

Please add me too as this is necessary for integration

Yes please, me too, again we have set up a complete workflow and now cannot use it as without the password this is unusable. This is a security issue

Hey, could you add me as well?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

@tobykenobi @Stephen @Jens K. I’ve gone ahead and added you to the feature request!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey everyone! We just wanted to follow up here to let y’all know that this feature request has been implemented and passwords are now able to be generated/required for Zoom meetings.