Best answer

Zoom - New Meeting or New Registrant trigger?

Userlevel 1

Hi,

I went to set up a zap to grab the new registrants of all the webinars we are going to create in future.

With the trigger “New Registrant” I see one has to select the webinar and cannot grab registrant for all the future webinars. If that is true, I will either have to create separate zap for all the future webinars or keep changing the webinar in the existing zap.

Should I be using the trigger “New Meeting” to fulfill the requirement of grabbing the registrants of all the future webinars?

I went through the questions in the Round up but wasn’t able to find the answer for this specific question.

Thanks,

Mehul

icon

Best answer by mehul 12 June 2020, 18:41

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @mehul, thanks for your question!

The New meeting trigger will trigger a new Zap whenever a new meeting is created; I don’t think that will work for what you need here as the Zap will trigger before folks are added to the meeting. 

You’re right that the New Registrant trigger can only trigger from the Webinar that you select (it wont trigger from any webinar). We do have a feature request open for this and I’ve added you as an interested user. This lets the Zoom team know how many folks would like to see this addition and also means that we’ll send you an email when we have an update.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Danvers ,

Thank you for responding my query. Now I understand that I will have to continue the New Registrant in order to capture the registrants.

Only thing I see is that I will have to replicate the zap and change the webinar in case there are multiple webinars back to back - published simultaneously to get the registration.

Also, I understand that New Registrant trigger would not grab any registration data retrospectively.

Yeah, it would be good to have a feature that helps us grab the new registrations across all the webinars created in the account.

I have used Eventbrite with Act-On and the Evenbrite trigger was grabbing all the attendees and check-in data.

Thanks,

Mehul 

Userlevel 1

Is it possible to integrate the “New Webinar” Zap and the “New Registrant” Zap in a pipeline, somehow?

I mean when “New Webinar” is triggered, it creates a “New Registrant” Zap to add any upcoming registrant to - let’s say - MailChimp or ActiveCampaign.

Userlevel 2
Badge

It’s excessive to require a new zap for each webinar. Webinars are made by are our content staff - Zaps require a technical person.

The problem is that the Zap only allows a hardcoded webinar ID. It does not seem possible to use a wildcard.

You’d think you could use .* or something for the meeting number. Not a chance.

Hi All,

+1 to needing a way to automatically capture Zoom data for all upcoming zoom webinar registrants, rather than per webinar. In the meantime, does anyone know if it is possible to create a Zap that will capture information from Zoom custom registration fields without there being an existing registrant for that webinar? 

What I’m trying to create a workflow around:

1. Create a Zoom webinar from a Zoom webinar template that uses custom registration questions like, “Are you an existing member?” - Yes/No
  2. Immediately create a Zap to a Google Sheet for this specific webinar that will add a new row whenever someone registers.

This works great when I set up a Zap for which there is already a registrant.  However, I cannot copy the exact same Zap and have it work for another webinar that does not yet have registrants but is set up using the same webinar template.  Is my best workaround (for now) to create a dummy registrant for every event?

Thanks!

Jane

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @JBatCIWEM - I have added your vote to this feature request so that you will receive updates via email. I will let other members chime in as to what they have seen work regarding a workaround here!

Hi @JBatCIWEM - I have added your vote to this feature request so that you will receive updates via email. I will let other members chime in as to what they have seen work regarding a workaround here!

Please add me as well!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ReadingItLater!

I’ve added your vote to the feature request :)

Please add me as well as a vote for this feature. I need to track every registrant to webinar (even our upcoming new ones) to our Customer.io platform. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks for your comment, @Donweb! Your votes been added to that. We’ll be sure to update you and this thread as soon as we know more. 🙂

Userlevel 1

Hi @JBatCIWEM - I have added your vote to this feature request so that you will receive updates via email. I will let other members chime in as to what they have seen work regarding a workaround here!

Could I please be added as well? This is something I need as well.