Best answer

Zoom meeting registration to Activecampaign

• 14 April 2020
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1

I am looking to create a Zap that pulls name and email information from a Zoom meeting registration and create a contact and put it to an Activecampaign list.

No different than the basic Zap and they have an Evenbrite registrant → AC list.

However the Zoom side only allows to pull registration information from a webinar and not a meeting.

So is there a way to pull the data from the meeting registration information?

icon

Best answer by shalgrim 2 September 2021, 20:54

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey there! Zoom won’t have this info because a Zoom link is effectively open and usable to anyone with the link and whenever added, the password - So there would be no way for you to capture this data.

Have you thought about pulling from the event invite itself - On the calendar invite, or wherever else you capturing attendee info?

Userlevel 1

I am capturing the information using the native Zoom registration page. So this information exists and is transmitted just like it is for a webinar registration (which a Zap exists), however, I have yet to find an elegant way to parse this information when someone registers for a meeting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah! Gotcha! 

Sorry I can’t be of much help here :disappointed_relieved:

Maybe one to ask the support team?

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @Winston

I just wanted to let you know that we’ve got an existing feature request for that and I’ve gone ahead and added your vote for it. 

I was looking for this exact info! Any work arounds yet?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@Dill not that I’m aware of but I have added you to the existing feature request so you will be notified of any updates!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hey everyone! I’ve published the workaround I came up with, to trigger Zaps on new meeting registrants. There are some caveats and this is just ONE way to do it. There are others, like using Webhooks (as described in this post).

Check it out: 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hey everybody,

I’ve had my eye on this feature request for a long time, and I’m thrilled to say that as of yesterday there is now a New Meeting Registrant trigger on the latest version of the Zoom app. 

There’s nothing special you need to do, you can just go ahead and get to creating new Zaps with it.

And of course, let us know if something’s not working quite right with it.