Best answer

Zoom custom fields Zap

• 7 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I’m trying to make a zap to export webinar subscribers to Mailchimp. In Zoom I have 4 “custom fields” that, when I test the Zap, appear condensed in one field only. Any ideas?

custom_questions

[{title=Sei interessato a ricevere aggiornamenti sugli eventi organizzati da Develer?, value=SÌ}, {title=Sei interessato ad essere contattato da Develer per offerte di lavoro?, value=SÌ}, {title=Quali tecnologie utilizzi?, value=Linux,Qt,React/React Native}, {title=Autorizzi al trattamento dati nel rispetto della normativa come riportato nel nostro sito (www.develer.com/privacy). L'autorizzazione è necessaria ai fini della registrazione all'evento., value=SÌ}]

icon

Best answer by Danvers 21 April 2020, 15:27

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Pietro Mantovani! It sounds like Nick’s solution used the Formatter by Zapier app, rather than a code step. You could use it to replace certain characters in the text and separate the information into different fields.

As Nick mentioned, it would likely mean adding quite a few additional steps into the Zap. It may also be possible to split the information using one code step (using Code by Zapier) but that’s not something that we could necessarily help you with directly. 

You could try asking in the Developer Discussion category of the Community to see if anyone has any ideas of how to get started with that code step 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Pietro,

Thanks for pasting in what you’re seeing in the Zap. That’s super helpful!

It looks like the data is coming through in a format that’s not really usable. Instead of each question being in a separate field they’re sending it all together. After looking into it, I can see that they’re not even line items (if they were we could split those out).

I came up with a way to use several Formatter steps to isolate the answers to the questions, but it’s not super straightforward and will then use quite a few tasks each time the Zap runs. If that sounds like something you’d like to try out, please let me know and I can explain what I created. 

Hi Pietro,

Thanks for pasting in what you’re seeing in the Zap. That’s super helpful!

It looks like the data is coming through in a format that’s not really usable. Instead of each question being in a separate field they’re sending it all together. After looking into it, I can see that they’re not even line items (if they were we could split those out).

I came up with a way to use several Formatter steps to isolate the answers to the questions, but it’s not super straightforward and will then use quite a few tasks each time the Zap runs. If that sounds like something you’d like to try out, please let me know and I can explain what I created. 

Hi Nick, sound interesting, do you come up using some coding? Python or JS maybe?