Best answer

Zoho Recruit action error with no further details

I get the above message any time I try to send data from a google sheet into Zoho Recruit as a new record. The google sheet trigger test work and so did the filter test. When I test the Zoho Recruit action it fails. Any idea why this may be? 

icon

Best answer by SamB 24 September 2021, 14:03

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @jakedt1616 

Unfortunately that error message isn’t very helpful for troubleshooting (obviously).

You may have to try process of elimination to isolate the field that is causing the issue.

Might have to do with formatting for a specific field.

Otherwise, I suggest opening a ticket with Zapier Support here: https://zapier.com/app/get-help

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@jakedt1616, just checking in to see if you still need help with this? Let us know!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just wanted to follow up here as spotted that @jakedt1616 reached out to our Support Team who were able to get some further details on the cause of the error from the Zap’s logs. 

In the logs they were seeing a message about "duplicate data". So the Zap was attempting create a record for a candidate that already existed in Zoho Recruit and that caused it to error. 

It was suggested that to prevent this error going forward, the Create Record action should be replaced with Search Record step which has an option to create a record if none is found:

d2e664c9312d180a846cdf35382a3d64.png

If you’re also running into a “The app returned Error with no further details” error but are already using a search step to prevent duplicate records from being added, please contact our Support Team. They will be able to dig into the logs for your Zap to confirm the cause of the error. The best way to reach them is using the Get Help form.