Best answer

Zendesk > Asana/Slack

• 12 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

Hello! 

I’ve recently got onto the Zapier platform and would like to find ways to better optimise my company’s workflow but I’m running into some difficulties with regards to how best to achieve what I’m looking to do. 

I’d greatly appreciate if someone might be able to guide or give me some advice on accomplishing it.

Objective: To use Asana as a platform to track new & open tickets and their latest comments while moving the tasks to specified board categories within Asana and being able to remove the task from Asana when a ticket is Closed. 

Usage: For SDMs to have a quick view of all open tickets and identify those that requires their action and those that does not. 

Example: 

1. Ticket is opened in Zendesk > Creates a new task in Asana
  2. Ticket is updated in Zendesk within the past 6 hours > Moves the task to “Recently Updated” category in Asana 
  3. Ticket is escalated in Zendesk > Moves task to “Action Required” category in Asana
  4. Ticket is solved in Zendesk > Moves task to “Solved” Category in Asana
  5. Ticket is closed in Zendesk > Deletes task from the board

I’m open to using Slack as well if it allows me to accomplish this easier 

Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Outliant_Sabbir 12 April 2021, 10:26

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @andrew.guo,

Here are some template zaps that you can easily utilize for your needs: https://zapier.com/apps/zendesk/integrations/asana

While you won’t be able to achieve all the actions, you can think of a workaround to make it work. For example, there is no action for deleting asana task when a ticket is updated, however, you can change the task status and use Asana’s workflow rule to get it moved.

Outliant

Certified Zapier Expert

automation@outliant.com