Best answer

Zapping from Squarespace to grant video access

• 25 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Hey Zappers, I’m trying to figure out how to Zap access to a video or a community page with video access. 

My first attempt was to accept the payment via checkout on Squarespace and then zap customers to our private community page with videos.

My second attempt was to accept payment via checkout on Squarespace and then zap customers to the Youtube/Wistia video link. 

Checking existing Zaps, I only see instructions for how to upload a video not view a video.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Danvers 1 April 2020, 16:51

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @abran I’m really sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this!

It’s possible to set up a Zap that would share the link to a video, so that would work if you had a private YouTube video for example - you could share the link so that people could go and view it. What you wouldn’t be able to do with that is to stop people from sharing that link with others. In other words, it wouldn’t be a link that’s specific to them only. 

The only way that I can think to do this with Zapier would be if you put the video onto a learning platform like Teachable or Lessonly, and then created a new user and assigned that lesson to them. This would definitely work from a workflow point of view, but you’d likely need to create a paid account with whichever service you use to host the video. 

Your first attempt sounds pretty close to this

My first attempt was to accept the payment via checkout on Squarespace and then zap customers to our private community page with videos.

Was there a reason that didn’t work? Where are your community pages held (on a website/forum software/etc) and how do you add new members?

Thanks @Danvers , any relation to Carol? 

Yes, that’s what I’ve been worried about. If I hide the video in a private group or lesson, once the video is accessed, people can share the video url with others not registered. When you search the Zap to options for video, upload comes up as the only option. Not send to link which would be helpful, but also may not protect against sharing the link. 

At first I tried Tribe.so and Squarespace as my community pages, now I’m exploring Mighty Networks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@abran I’ve not used Mighty Networks, but it seems to have grown in popularity in the current circumstances, so hopefully you’ll have better luck there. I think that the key will be storing the video online and granting access to that online space. 

any relation to Carol?