Question

Zapier with an Update Contact function

• 14 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Stack - Infusionsoft + Wordpress

Q: In the past, Infusionsoft offered an "Erase" button for GDPR. So you could manually click that button on the contact record and it would erase their private data but retain their order data.

Infusionsoft got rid of that button earlier this year. The client still receives GDPR requests to erase personal data so I was asked to look into the possibility of doing this with automation.

I already checked and we cannot use Campaign Builder to do this. PlusThis didn't seem to have anything either. I believe we could do it via Zapier with an Update Contact function.

Ideally, we would be able to use an Internal Form - check a box to erase the data, and then First Name would change to "EI Erased" and Last Name, Address, Phone, and Email would all be deleted. Let me know if this is possible.

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @plbenson 

This may be possible with the Keap API: https://keys.developer.keap.com/docs/keap-150k/1/routes/contacts%2F%7BcontactId%7D/delete

App APIs can be used in Zaps with the Webhooks action step: https://zapier.com/apps/webhook/integrations#triggers-and-actions

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

As Troy stated, it is possible in the API but you can’t use Zapier Webhooks to do so since the Keap api is OAUTH 2 which can’t be implemented with Zapier Webhooks and would need to be a custom integration. Feel free to send us a message if you want help with this. 

Unfortunately, the Keap Max Classic Zapier app doesn’t support clearing the fields so the closest workaround you could get to would be to overwrite them with a non descriptor value such as a hyphen - 
You’d first have a find contact action, then an update contact action. In the update action you would pass in a non descriptor value to overwrite everything

*note that even with the workaround, the contact data like their email address can still be obtained from the email history.