Best answer

Zapier Webhooks Returning Validation Failure

• 6 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

I have been trying to get the form submission to Webflow multi collection field via Webhooks using PUT request. I have been scratching my head for last 5 days getting past this, still stuck here.

The reason why i’m using PUTis because i want the old data to be replaced when the form submission is triggered.

Any help or insights with regards to this will be highly appreciated :/

icon

Best answer by ForYourIT 6 July 2020, 20:32

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi there @admin_speakeasy ,

I am not completely sure what your goal is here. But it looks like you are trying to change an item in a collection.

Looking at the webflow API, it seems that you are missing some fields. Somehow Zapier isn't showing all the error messages from webflow (@Zapier ?) , but running it from curl retrieves the following:

{"name":"ValidationError", "statusCode":400, "problems":["Field '_archived': Field is required","Field '_draft': Field is required"]}

So, once you add these fields you should be able to get the update you want to do here! Both of these are booleans so either set them to true or false.

Let me know if this works or if you got more questions.

~Bjorn

Userlevel 2

Thanks a bunch @ForYourIT You are god send. I have figuring this out for past 6 days honestly. :heart_eyes::kissing_heart: