Question

Zapier SMS (via Twilio) text messages take longer than 15min on a verified phone number

• 26 April 2022
  • 5 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hello all,

I have successfully configured Zapier SMS via Twilio text messaging on a Jotform form (all paid accounts) however, even after having confirmed the customer phone number prior to submitting the custom text message task, the actual message itself is taking approximately 15 minutes or longer to process.

I thought that after having confirmed the customer phone number prior to submitting the task that the text message itself would happen within seconds instead of over 15 minutes? can someone please confirm whether this is actual expected behavior or some settings can be modified somewhere within Jotform, Zapier or Twilio so that it happens immediately instead?

Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

WGomez

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @WGomez 

Good question.

The Jotform New Submission trigger is NOT instant and depends on your Zap plan.

With a polling trigger, Zapier will check for new data from your trigger every 1 to 15 minutes in order to start your Zap, depending on your pricing plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@WGomez 

You’d have to configure a webhook in Jotform for the data to trigger the Zap instantly: https://www.jotform.com/help/245-how-to-setup-a-webhook-with-jotform/

Zap trigger would be Webhook - Catch Hook.

Troy, thank you for your prompt response.

So, now that I understand that the culprit of the reported issue is in fact my Zapier “Starter” plan, based on your response above, are you indicating that if I add a custom configured Webhook trigger (of the type Webhook - Catch Hook) that I can set a trigger response time different than the default without needing to upgrade my paid plan?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@WGomez 

Zapier Starter plan supports webhooks

👍