Best answer

Zapier Not pulling customer test data from stripe

• 27 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello please i need assistance on some issue i am facing in testing my integration of zapier to getResponse.

When i create a user in stripe test table, Zapier does not pull the data, But when i create in the live table, it pulls the data.

I want a situation where zapier can pull my stripe test customer data. I want to be able to test for different cases.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by christina.d 26 October 2022, 20:57

View original

This post has been closed for comments. Please create a new post if you need help or have a question about this topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @kidmeeno 

Check out these help articles about TEST mode vs LIVE mode.

No Data - All Payments/Customers/etc. Missing

Usually this is because a "test" key is used to connect Zapier to Stripe and payments/customers/etc. are created on the "live" account (or vice versa). The solution is to make sure to use the correct key!

Stripe Test Mode

We use Stripe API keys for authentication, so you can connect a Stripe account by using your Stripe "test secret key".

If you do that, you can trigger your Zap from transactions in your Stripe account which were created in test mode. Stripe's test card numbers only work in their test mode:
https://stripe.com/docs/testing#cards

However, if you connect to Stripe using the test secret key, your Zap will not trigger on any Live transactions in your Stripe account. To do that, you'd need to reconnect, or connect a new Stripe account, using your "live secret key" instead.

Userlevel 1

Hi @Troy Tessalone 

Thank you. Works now

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hey squad! I wanted to let ya’ll know this workaround is outdated for the latest version of the Zapier Stripe app. 

We do have an open feature request to allow for test environments though!

I’d recommend following along in this topic to add your vote and/or stay in the loop if this gets implemented:

Thanks so much! 👋🏽